I am packing now to hit the road for a two week vacation. I will be in Phoenix for week one and Atlanta for week two (escaping the heat for even more heat). I am looking forward to it. At the same time, I am already looking forward to coming back. It may not be apparent to everyone, but there is a lot happening at the church. We are fully equipped for a new church year built on a solid, stable foundation. That is saying a lot after the past two years of upheaval and change. It seems as if we are definitely on the other side of the massive event that was the pandemic, fully adjusted to the new normal of masks and testing.
Here are a few of the projects that are evolving:
- The 2035 Team, which was charged to discern the state of the church and propose a vision for the future is going extremely well. We will continue to work through the fall and into 2023.
- On August 27th we will have a church officer’s leadership retreat. It will be the first time in a while that the broad leadership of the church, elders and deacons, will meet together in person specifically to discuss our ministry together.
- The music program is looking very promising for the fall and into the winter. More announcements on this to come.
- Our Digital Presence Team has created a fantastic website. This fall we will begin to use it more to its capacity with announcements to the public, updated photos, and more.
- We have a new slate of elders coming on board, some of whom are relatively new to the church, others who have been around a long time, and one of whom is our church’s youngest member. I am excited to work with them all.
- St. Andrew’s will be hosting the November Presbytery meeting! In person and on Zoom.
With all of that and more, I am ready to take time off and rest up for what promises to be an exciting and busy future!