View in browser
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Sunday Worship Service

Dear St. Andrew’s and Friends:

This Sunday is Pentecost, a time to remember the work of God’s Spirit.

In the sermon, I’ll trace the movement of the Spirit from Genesis to the account in Luke of Jesus being “filled with the Spirit” to the multicultural emergence of the Spirit in Acts 2. I’ll be using the Hebrew word for spirit, “ruah,” because I think it helps us hear the story in fresh ways.

Disciple Dog invites three friends to join us as we reflect on the many things the Spirit does for us.

Chris will again perform the prelude. Chris and Erin will lead us in two hymns. The traditional “All Creatures of Our God and King,” attributed to St. Francis, celebrates our kinship with nature. “Spirit, Spirit of Gentleness” is a contemporary song that is an affirmation of the work of the Spirit through history.

The images include a photograph by Terrence Munday, an ancient icon painting piece a contemporary depiction of Pentecost.

Our nation seems to be in turmoil once again over issues of race, and we'll be looking for ways to respond next week.

For now, as we continue to experience the pandemic, the Spirit is present to renew us and call us to action.

Blessings on your weekend!

Steve

Click Here to Worship  -->  May 31 Worship Service

Children at Risk - Youth - Young Adults
Pentecost Special Offering

On this Pentecost Sunday we traditionally collect the Pentecost Special Offering.

The Pentecost Offering is dedicated to nurturing the faith of those who are the church to come. - - - our children, our youth, and young adults.   Programs of the PC(USA) receive 60% of the offering, while the remaining 40% is disbursed to a local program determined by our church.  This year we will be supporting our own preschool.  Our two teachers are still receiving their salaries although no fees are being charged.   They are continuing to interact with their students through internet and mail.

Please participate in the Pentecost Offering by mail or online giving.  Thank you.

Coffee Hour...

Sunday, May 31  10:30 am - 11:00 am:  A virtual COFFEE HOUR.  Join the ZOOM meeting (invitation below) to meet and greet our church family online.

Topic: St. Andrew's' Zoom Coffee Hour
Time: May 31, 2020 10:30 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8625...

Meeting ID: 862 5523 0174
Password: 753188

One tap mobile
+14086380968,, 86255230174#,,1#,753188# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 408 638 0968US (San Jose)
+1 669 900 6833US (San Jose)Meeting ID: 862 5523 0174
Password: 753188
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcfd...


Sunday, May 31 11:00 am: A virtual ADULT EDUCATION.

The news this week of the death of George Floyd while in police custody, the subsequent protests and the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic demands our attention.  We will show a short video by Trevor Noah that is a thoughtful take on how these recent violent events fit in with the Novel Coronavirus, the experience of blacks in our country and the social contract that binds us all together.  We will then discuss, in light of our faith, what our responses as a people of God and this congregation in our community could be.  Please join us in the Zoom Room at 11 AM!

Topic: St. Andrew's PCUSA Adult Education Class
Time: May 31, 2020 11:00 AM Pacific Time

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8239...

Meeting ID: 823 9624 3684
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,82396243684# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 823 9624 3684
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdr7...

St Andrews Presbyterian Church

4575 Auhay Drive, Santa Barbara
CA 93110 United States

facebook

If you no longer want to receive emails from us, you can unsubscribe. 

Unsubscribe