Dear St. Andrews Community -- and Beyond,
Here are the highlights of this Sunday's service:
- It is a communion service, so if you'd like to participate have some bread and a cup ready so you can participate.
- The seed for the sermon came from a quote I came across from the English writer Damian Barr: "We are not all in the same boat. We are all in the same storm. Some are super-yachts. Some have just the one oar." This led me to the story of Jesus calming the storm in Mark 4: 35-41 and reflections on how we are navigating the pandemic. In the process I'll refer to how we are spending our stimulus checks, an exciting innovation from a young engineer whose family I know, and the amazing food distribution work the SAIL team and our volunteers are doing every week.
- Rev. Janet Ewart is joining me in the service.
- Disciple Dog wants you to know about a dream he had this week.
- Chris and Erin will lead us in "How Firm a Foundation," "Sanctuary," "Be Not Afraid" and "God Be With You."
- The art work offers several artists' visions of boats in a storm.
- Thank you again to Scott, who is our Master Editor.
We will again have Zoom versions of coffee hour (10:30 - 11:00) and an adult study (11:00 - noon); details below.
Blessings on you and our human family as we navigate this storm.