On March 17, the session had a "Zoom" meeting and made important decisions on how we are responding to the Corona Virus that affects everyone.
If you have any questions, you can email me at email@example.com -- Steve.
How St. Andrews Is Responding to the COVID 19 Situation:
Summary of March 17 Session Meeting
Our March meeting used the online “Zoom” program so that elders could participate from home, rather than meeting in person.
- Agreed we will not expect to worship together for at least 60 days.
- Voted to continue to employing Nancy, the church secretary, and keeping regular church office hours (Tuesday – Thursday, 9-2).
- Voted to continue paying our musicians, Christopher Davis and Erin McKibben, during this time when there are no worship services.
- Voted to forgo rent for groups that rent space but are unable to meet at this time.
- Kirk Grier introduced a new email program which will make messages to the congregation much easier to create, send and monitor. We expect to use this often to keep everyone informed.
- Discussed how we can still “worship” and stay connected during this time. We considered live streaming a modified worship service but agreed a) at this point it would be a technical challenge and, b) if we did something with even just a few persons involved, it would be complicated given the recommended 10’ “social distancing. Instead, Steve will experiment with creating relatively brief video messages that people can access using a simple link on our weekly email to our website.
- Steve will work with the Deacons and others to coordinate care and support for individuals in our congregation, particularly those who live alone.
- As continued financial support of the church is critical to managing our situation, Scott will be creating a new, secure procedure for those who want to make donations online. People who prefer using the mail will be asked to do so by sending donations to the church office.